In this role, Data Quality Senior Analyst/Associate will combine your expertise in data quality, advanced visual analytics and reporting in the financial industry to support the enterprise data governance and quality program. You will be called to leverage your subject matter expertise in the design of data quality checks and presenting the data quality metrics in dashboards targeted for senior leaders of CPP Investments.
- Support the Data Governance and Quality team in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of data quality checks in the data quality software in support of key priorities set by Investment Departments and Core Services.
- Alongside engineers and solutions architects, develop integration points of Ataccama with data sources, other catalogues and data quality tools
- Facilitate the process of identification of data quality issues and lead issue root cause analysis and business impact assessment.
- Enhance the reporting functionality of the data quality software in the executive level enterprise data quality dashboard.
- Participate in firm-wide projects aimed at remediating prioritized data quality issues and improving data usability at CPP Investments
- Provide ongoing support to Data Stewards in assessment of emerging data quality issues and help design controls to prevent data quality deterioration.
- Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with internal business clients to analyze functional requirements and deliver the appropriate artifacts as needed: business requirement documents, functional specifications, data specifications, use cases, workflow analysis, metrics, reports and user-interface layouts and designs.
- Ensure that new enhancements address immediate business needs, while ensuring system alignment with data strategy and roadmaps.
- Practical experience implementing a data governance and quality frameworks, including data quality metrics, edit checks and rules, data quality issue identification and triage, data stewardship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the data lifecycle, including experience with data modeling, BPMN, and data quality.
- Subject matter expertise with one of the top data quality tools, experience with Ataccama is an asset.
- Proven track record influencing a diverse set of stakeholders to drive outcomes.
- Experience designing metrics and dashboards for various audiences with advanced drill-down functionality.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in business and finance or other quantitative discipline (e.g. applied mathematics, financial economics, statistics, physics, engineering or computer science)
- Solid programming experience in several of the following technologies: SQL, Python, Hadoop / Hive, Spark, Excel/VB, Unix scripts.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik or Power BI, AWS, Microsoft Azure or GCP.
- Experience with market data vendors including Bloomberg, IDC, Refinitiv and alternative data vendors an asset.
- Experience working with financial data such as: security master data, IBOR/ABOR data, fundamentals data, market data. Experience working with alternative data an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Proven interest in financial and capital markets; enrolment in CFA program or other advanced program or degree is considered an asset.
Job Category: Information & Technology
Job Type: Full Time Permanent